Sunday, December 31, 2017

On being a Wife

If being a wife was a test, I would be a total failure. Hell, I would not even marry myself. I went through so much that I could not bring myself to trust anyone. I only earn a small amount of money. I do not have an inheritance to my name. Over the year, I have put on so much weight. I am at loss at fashion. I cannot even put on a decent makeup to my face. Did I mention I am terrible in the kitchen & household chores too?

I guess some of us are not meant to do the wife-role or maybe whatever I do will never be enough or perfect for this role. This is a test that I only have one shot of, & I failed at this.


But this role has given me two adorable angels. When I look at my two girls - I see hope & strength. Hope for myself, that maybe someday, I will be happy for who I am. And strength, knowing that all the struggles are worth it, because I know I am doing these for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment