Wednesday, December 9, 2015

On Being Lonely


I feel that most of us are lonely. I must be lonely too. Sometimes when I am overwhelmed with so much emotion, I want to scream and attack my Facebook page. This is because maybe I need validation and comfort from my ‘friends’ in my Facebook account. I fail to understand that 60% of the people who will come across my posted status do not really care and will choose to gossip about me. The remaining 40% will actually drop me a private message and will require the entire story from me.
Today I am reminded to turn to the Lord whenever I feel a sudden attack of anger - to lay out everything to Him, and to tell Him my story. He may not give me the answers to my questions immediately but He will grant me the comfort and peace I seek. He will calm my heart. I know this. He just did now.
Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

1 comment: