Sunday, June 12, 2011

My own version of Penne Alla Arrabiata (Angry Penne Recipe)

Arrabbiata (the Italian word for angry) is a Roman sauce of garlictomatoes, and red chili cooked in olive oilBasil is sometimes used, although the majority of chefs in Italy do not use basil for this recipe. The dish is usually served with pasta and chopped fresh parsleysprinkled on top. (Wikipedia)




I first tried this dish from my landlady. I was curious because this was a different approach to cooking pasta. She told me this is a version of penne alla arrabiata. It was very delicious! The pasta, cooked to perfection, mixed with the tuna and all other spices, was mouth-watering. The kick- the green chilis, added flavor to the whole dish. The following day, I was very excited to cook the same meal.. and viola, I achieved the perfect taste for the recipe! 


Here is the no-sweat, very easy recipe:
What you need:
1 can of tuna (flakes in oil)
cooking oil
tomatoes
onions
garlic
3 pcs long green chilis
salt
400g penne pasta (cooked per package instructions)


What to do:

  • Cook the pasta per package instructions. Set aside.
  • Saute the garlic, onions, and tomatoes (the more spices, the merrier, the tastier!) and green chilis.
  • Put the tuna (with the oil).
  • Season with salt to taste. Although in my case, I also used Ginisa Mix, just to be sure :)
  • Add the pasta.
  • Mix all the ingredients to coat the pasta.
  • When all the ingredients have been combined, turn off the heat and serve.




1 comment:

  1. ana lang? hmmmm...lemme try this..hehehe.thanks brin for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete