Sunday, June 12, 2011

I heart cooking! :)

“Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” Harriet van Horne


I do not know how to cook. Don't get me wrong. I know how to do the basic and staple meals- rice, egg, hotdog.. or anything that would only require a frying pan, cooking oil and the meat. When I graduated from highschool, I mastered the corned-beef frying and instant-noodles cooking. There was a phase in college when I get to learn the basics of baking. I tried making three to four cakes and I remembered my brother making fun of all of these cakes.


I told myself that when I get married, I would hire a househelp to cook for my family, since I lack these skills in the kitchen. But alas, lately, I found myself staying in the kitchen longer. My work ends early at 330pm. At around, 3pm, I would browse through the web on recipes for dinner. This is how I spend my last official 30mins at work - googling the web for recipes: nilagang baboy, chicken teriyaki filipino style, binagoongang baboy, and other beef, pork, chicken, fish and vegetables menu.


I would write down the ingredients. Drop off to the nearest grocery store before heading home and start preparing the dish. Everyday, I found myself looking forward to going home and cooking. This even surprised me. I might just be terribly bored here.. or this comes with the age and maturity... whatever the reason is, this desire to cook is here to stay for awhile.


So, my next few entries would be on some of the meals I cooked. And if you have any suggestions on other recipes, I would really love to try them! (note: no oven in the flat, so please send recipes that does not require this).


Bon appetit everyone!

1 comment: